Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Work In Progress Wednesday #6

Wow what a week it has been.  Not much progress at all for me this week, but for a good reason.  Long story short...my Father-In-Law Doug had a kidney transplant last Thursday!  He's been on the transplant list for 5 years and had started dialysis in February.  It's been a whirlwind of a week but we are all learning the ins and outs of the kidney transplant procedure and how life will be for my FIL now that he has received his kidney.

So that's what's been going on over here.  I did manage to finish sewing and cutting the Butterfly Faux Chenille Blanket, so all I need to do with this one is to square it up and sew on the binding (which I will be attempting to make my own because there weren't any colors of the pre-made bias tape that matched...you will surely hear about how this goes whether it's good or bad, ha!).  Anywho, here's how the blanket looks at the moment.




I love the close up shots of these blankets...just love em!

Today I will be starting on the Monkey Faux Chenille Blanket so I'm hoping to make some good progress on that one here in the next few days.  So that's all I have for you today, but I'm hoping to have a productive sewing week!

Here's the round up:

Finished:
  • Sadly, nothing :-(
In Progress:
  • Butterfly Chenille Blanket
  • Monkey Chenille Blanket
  • Another Green Bay Chenille Blanket
  • Cow Fabric
  • Quilts for Kids Quilt

It's Work In Progress Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced!  Head on over and check out what others have going on!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to try one of these, but just haven't yet. The butterfly fabric is really cute, too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from everyone. Please let me know what you think, don't be shy!