Monday, May 14, 2012

First Anniversary: Part 1

Today is Dylan and I's First Wedding Anniversary!  I can't believe it has been a WHOLE year already!!! Seriously, it feels like we JUST got married a few weeks ago, not 365 days ago.  So here's how today went...

We got up early this morning to spend some time together since we work different shifts and we won't see each other until Dylan get's home from work around 11:30pm (that is if I'm not already sleeping on the couch with Bella!).  We exchanged cards first (always with something extra special wrote in each one) and then Dylan said he had something else for me.  He went into the bedroom and came out with some folded paper.  I opened it up and the first thing I saw on the page was MIRANDA LAMBERT! He bought us tickets to go see Miranda Lambert in July!!  I'm so excited!  I love her music and I can't wait to see her live (she always performs so well at awards shows I'm sure she will blow me away in concert!).  ANNNNND Miranda and her husband Blake Shelton are ALSO celebrating their First Wedding Anniversary today!  Happy Anniversary to them!  I just think it's so cool that two of my favorite country artists share the same wedding date (yes, I am corny like that) as we do!

Then we cut our cake and had some for breakfast.  Oh my it was delicious!  It tasted just like the cupcakes did the day of the wedding!!  I'm so glad we had my former co-worker Marie Elena at Cupcakes by M.E. make our wedding cupcakes & cake.  She sure knows what she's doing if the cake tastes so DELICIOUS after spending the year in a freezer!   Yummmmmmmmy!  If you live in Central PA and need some cupcakes for an event be sure to give her a call, you won't regret it and you will be craving those cupcakes when they are all gone!

Photo Courtesy of CMorrow Photography

Sadly, after our breakfast I had to head to work :-(  But that's not the end....

When I got back to my desk after a morning meeting I had an email that there was a package for me down at the front desk.  As soon as I read the email I KNEW what Dylan had done.  Yep, he sent me flowers at work!  We have been together for over 10 years now and he still knows how to melt my heart <3.



BUT this still isn't the end!!  Since our anniversary is today and we both have full-time jobs on different shifts, we are going out Saturday to do some more anniversary celebrating...but I have no idea what we are doing!  He's keeping that a secret too!  There IS a good thing about a weekday anniversary....you get two days of celebration!!  Yippeeee!

Happy First Anniversary to my amazingly wonderful husband Dylan!  I love you to the end and here's to many, many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from everyone. Please let me know what you think, don't be shy!