Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Kona Charm Swap

About a week ago I joined my second Charm Square Swap and I just LOVE the idea of this one.  This one is called the I <3 Kona Charm Swap hosted by Alyssa over at Pile O'Fabric.  The groups filled up fast and I'm glad I was able to get a spot!  I can't wait to build up my fabric stash with some Kona solids charms.

So here's the deal with this one...each person is responsible for getting two colors from the color group they were placed in, and then cutting the fabric into 56 charm squares.  I had to choose from different shades of purple and these are the colors I chose.



The darker purple on the left is called "Magenta" and the lighter purple is called "Lupine."  Now i know you are thinking "Isn't Magenta more of a pink?"...well that's what I think but this is Magenta according to Kona so we are gonna go with that. :-)




Once you have all the charms cut, they get sent off to the Charm Swap leader who sorts them and sends everyone their package back.  The great thing I found about charm swaps is you send in one (or in this case two) fabric(s) and you get back 56 different shades or prints!  Like I said earlier, it's a great way to build a fabric stash!  

I can't wait to get my package back and share the goodness I receive in return for cutting my two yards of fabric! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from everyone. Please let me know what you think, don't be shy!