Friday, April 13, 2012

Where I Get Lots of FREE Ebooks For My Kindle

I LOVE to read.  My husband Dylan is constantly telling me that I read too much.  He also tries to tell me that reading doesn't make me any smarter!  What he doesn't know is I'm not reading to get smarter...I'm reading because I have always liked to read and it is relaxing for me.

I have a hard time spending money on books unless it is something I have already read and I know that I will read it again, and again.  Well after getting my Kindle I figured I would buy more books because the Ebooks were *supposed* to be cheaper than regular books.  Well that isn't always the case (example: the Sookie Stackhouse novels were over $63 for 8 ebooks but the paperback set was only $35...ouch!), so I am here to tell you about a few sites that I use to get a lot of FREE ebooks for my kindle.  I use these free books as "filler" reading between the bigger and more popular series I read.  So here are a few of the sites I like to look around at a few times a week and get some free reading material:

Amazon--duh! This is where all my free books come from because I have a Kindle!  But the great thing about Amazon is that you DON'T need to own a kindle to use their kindle content!  All you need to do is download the Kindle reader either to your computer or your smartphone (that is if you don't mind reading your books off your digital devices). Go HERE to see Amazon's Limited Time Offers for free ebooks.  Their list is constantly changing so I'm usually on here about once a week looking for some new content.

Pixel of Ink--This site is a great resource for ebooks that have recently become free or are only free for a limited time.  They post multiple times per day, everyday.  They also post the Kindle Daily Deals, which are ebooks that are on sale for one day only.  I found that the best way to follow this site is to LIKE them on Facebook.

New Daily Free Ebooks--This site is similar to Pixel of Ink.  There is a daily post of chosen free ebooks that are available.  You can browse their site or you can LIKE them on Facebook here.  I like to check Facebook for when the new daily list is posted and then it will take you directly to the site.

Well there you have it.  If you didn't know about these sites before you will soon become addicted to checking them a few times a week for new material.  And REMEMBER even if you don't own a Kindle you can still download the Kindle App from Amazon and purchase (or obtain for free) ebooks to read from your computer or smartphone. 

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from everyone. Please let me know what you think, don't be shy!