Wednesday, August 29, 2012

WIP Wednesday #14

I'm a little late to the party this week...but I'm here!  Dylan is back on nightshift and we are both trying to adjust to a new schedule (I don't have much to adjust to except that now I can go to bed whenever I want since he doesn't get home until around 6:30am).  BUT I actually have some stuff to show!  Say what?!!? :-)

After Dylan left for work tonight I was able to finish up what I'm gonna call my Sewing Utensil Holder.


This was so simple but I think it will be a nice addition to my Thread Holder and my new "shelves" (more on those later!  It's just a tin can that I painted with the same paint I used on my thread holder, and then I hot glued some vase filler rocks to it with a few little bling rhinestones mixed in.

The other day I got my fabric that I ordered for the Shades of Gray Charm Swap and here's what I chose.  I already had a fat quarter of this same fabric before the swap was announced, so as soon as I decided I wanted to be a part of the swap I KNEW I was going to buy more of this fabric (and how ironic that the fabric is from the Shades of Grey line by Daisy Janie?!).  I just need to get this all cut up and in the mail and then wait for my return package!



I'm also working on a matching washcloth for a pink scrubbie I made.  It's coming along nicely and it will go perfectly with it's matching scrubbie.



Speaking of scrubbies....here's how many I have made so far!



Yes I put the scrubbies in Bella's doggie bed to get a picture.  It actually looks much better than how I had them splayed across my sewing table.  I've probably made around 30 of these already.  They are so easy to make while sitting there watching The Big Bang Theory re-runs, or to take my mind off of work during my lunch break.

Oh and have you noticed my blog name on my pictures now?!  I've also been playing around in Picasa lately.  I'm still getting the hang of if so don't judge me too much yet!

Here's the round up:


Finished:
  • Sewing Utensil Holder
  • More crochet scrubbies...I've lost count at this point :-)

In Progress:

  • Quilts for Kids Quilt
  • Shades of Gray Charm Swap
  • Another Green Bay  Faux Chenille Blanket
  • Cow Fabric Project (half remains!)
  • Test out my new KAM Snap Plier set! (still haven't done this yet, pathetic, I know!)
  • Cloth Diapers
  • More scrubbies!

And of course, I'm linking up to Work In Progress Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced, with this week's guest host, Michelle from CityHouseStudio.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from everyone. Please let me know what you think, don't be shy!